Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mini coffee cups decked out in Sale-a-bration!


Hey there, blog friends! I've got a fun share today. I've had these mini coffee cups for quite a while now and can you believe I had not gotten around to creating anything with them yet?  Well, I finally decided it was time to bring them out and decorate them in the finest of 2015 Sale-a-bration DSPs! And, I think they turned out pretty cute, don't you? ;)

So, I can't take credit for the mini coffee cup pattern - I actually got that from Jill Coleman's blog.  I also ordered these 4 oz coffee cups from the webstaurantstore.com. I used the pattern Jill created, though I did have to tweak a little and trim a teenie bit off the bottom after I adhered the DSP to the cups.  The pattern definitely makes it easy peasy to dress up the cute plain little cups. {Thanks, Jill!}

What I did create was the carrier, which is actually, just a reboot of the carrier I created for the milk cartons on this post, with the only difference being the measurements.  Are you ready?:

You'll need:
*2 pieces of 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" cardstock  for the carrier base
*1 piece of 5 1/2" x 2 3/8" cardstock for the center handle


1. Score the 2 pieces of cardstock at 1" all the way around.  Then cut to the 1" scoreline at the creases along the 3 3/4" edge.  
2. Assemble the base and glue together using the Tombow Multi-Purpose glue.  Set aside to dry.
3. For the 5 1/2" x 2 3/8" piece of cardstock, punch the handle using the hexagonl punch.
4.  Assemble the carrier by placing the handle in between the 2 base boxes and gluing together using the Tombow Glue.  

5.  Embellish the carrier with DSP or cardstock.  I used  2 pieces of 3/4" x 7 1/8" DSP to decorate the base.  Score the pieces at 4 3/8", and then 6 5/8".  for the handle, I cut out 2 pieces of 2 1/8" x 5 1/4" DSP and adhered one piece at a time and punched the handle after adhering each one to the base handle piece, otherwise it gets too hard to punch!

And here's another look at the whole Mini Coffee Cup and Carrier ensemble:


Ta da! I would love to hear what you think!  Not only is this project really fun to make, these little cuties would make great teacher gifts or co-worker gifts for Valentine's day! I definitely encourage you to give it a whirl.

Thanks for popping over to visit.  Enjoy your day!



1 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh, I love this! I bought a bunch of those to-go cups. Thanks for sharing the measurements for the carrier. Such gorgeous colors!