Saturday, July 19, 2014

Birthday wishes from a Stormtrooper



Hi all! I think I'm in one of those modes where Birthday cards are becoming an area of specialty for me...purely based on my personal quirk of having to create the cards based on the theme of the party.  So, for today's share, I've created this Stormtrooper card for our friend Luke's 6th birthday.  It was a little daunting for me, but with the help of my hubby, who drew it out on paper first, I then translated the drawing out of punches and dies.

Here's a few more pics for you:


I created the head out of the new Party Pennants Bigz Die, his eyes were made from the Triangle punch cut in half, his mouth was from the Oval punch, and his gills were made using the Fringe scissors.  Then, for the circles, I used the 3/4", 1", and 3/8" circle punches.  For his ears, I used 2 strips of cardstock that were 1 1/4"x1"  and 3/4" x 1". For the background, I used the cool Tiny Triangles embossing folder, which totally looks like the Death Star background, don't you think?

All in all, I was quite pleased with the outcome!  Here are some of the new products I used:

Party Pennants Bigs Die:













Tiny Triangles Embossing folder:
















Fringe Scissors:
















I'd love to hear what you think about the card! Thanks for stopping by today!



4 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

omg ! this looks great ! succes garanteed ! great boy card
greetings from rainy belgium
martina
x

Regina said...

what a creative card! Very original!
wish you a wonderful weekende
Regina

Regina said...

what a creative card! Very original!
wish you a wonderful Sunday Regina*

UTs Hobby Time said...

Fantastic card. The embossed background is very beautiful.