Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Birthday {Greeting}

Happy Monday, dear blog friends! Did you have a good weekend?  It was pretty chilly and drizzly here in Southern CA, so I was happy to have a mellow, quiet weekend to just relax, catch up a bit and hang out with my boys.

For today's share, I've got a birthday card I created last week for a dear friend, Sandy Hancock.  Her birthday was last Friday and I wanted to make her a special card, since she is such a Stampin'Up! inspiration for me.  I hope she liked it! It was so fun to make with goodies from the Sale-a-bration and Occasions catalogs.  I was also really excited to finally get to play with the Core'dination card stock, too. After embossing the Pool Party card stock with the Chevron Embossing folder, I sanded the paper  to bring out the white core and give it that weathered and faded look.  It's such a cool effect! Here's a look at the full card:
I used the See Ya Later stamp set from the Sale-a-bration catalog. It's a super cute set that comes with four clever sentiments.  And, how about the pretty Sweet Sorbet DSP? The colors and patterns are so happy and fresh - they're the perfect palette for spring.  Wait til you see them all.  You'll love it! I know I can't get enough. These colors really do put me in my happy place!  Last but not least, I added just a wee bit of embellishment with the sweet Petite Petals punch and a touch of twine.  Whaddaya think? Here's the card recipe for you.
Happy Birthday {Greeting}
Cardstock: Subtles Core'dination cardstock in Pool Party, Sweet Sorbet DSP {Sale-a-bration}
Stamp Set: See Ya Later {Sale-a-bration}
Inks: Calypso Coral Classic Ink Pad
Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Banners Framelits, Deco Labels Framelits, Labels Framelits, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes flower punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Crisp Cantaloupe twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack {Sale-a-bration}, sanding block
Hope you all have a great week! Thanks for coming by. I'm so glad you stopped in for a visit! :)


0 comments: