Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cute little Zoo Babies

Happy weekend!  Hope you're enjoying your day, wherever you are. I'm excited that I got a chance to play in my craft room this morning.  Ever since Leadership, I've wanted to play more with the Fringe Scissors and the Scallop Tag Topper punch.  Plus, I got the Zoo Babies set that I haven't gotten to use, so I thought these cute little animals would be perfect for some fun and quick tags.  What do you think?  Here's a closer look at each one.
The giraffe is the longest tag of the three. I started with a 4" x 2" piece of Whisper White and then punched out the top.  Then, I stamped the giraffe in Pumpkin Pie.  To create the fringe for all the cards, I started with a 2"x 12" piece of the Polka Dot Parade DSP in Daffodil Delight.  Then I used the fringe scissors to cut about an inch into the paper and did that for the length of the 2"x12 strip.  That way, it was just faster to cut each piece down to 2" wide and put it at the bottom of my tags.
For the elephant tag, I started out with a 3 1/2" x 2" piece of Whisper White.  The elephant is stamped in Smokey Slate. I had fun doing the ribbons for each of these tags.  While the striped basic gray grosgrain I used for the elephant tag is retired, the other ribbons I used are in the current catalog - Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon, Marina Mist Chevron ribbon, and the Natural Chevron ribbon (from the Occasions catalog)
The lion tag is the shortest tag, with my starting piece at 3" x 2."  I stamped the lion in Daffodil Delight and the sentiment in Marina Mist.  I used the Regals Designer buttons on all the cards and secured them with the Linen Thread. These tags were really fun to put together and super easy, too! 
I have to say that the Fringe Scissors and the Scallop Tag Topper punch are 2 of my faves from the Occasions catalog.  I'm not gonna lie though, I have LOTS of faves from the Occasions catalog. It's definitely worth checking out!

Thanks for stopping by today!




1 comments:

MARTHA said...

I WAS LOOKING FOR ZOO BABY TAG IDEAS FOR A GIFT AND THIS GAVE ME EVERYTHING I NEEDED BUT I USED THE ALLIGATOR INSTEAD, SINCE THE MOTHER IS FROM LOUISIANA! BUT I WILL MAKE THE OTHERS TO HAVE ON HAND! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING!
MARTHA