Monday, January 21, 2013

Thanks So Much!



Happy Monday, blog friends!  I am so excited that I got to play and create with some fun new stamps and products from the Stampin'Up! Spring Catalog!  Not only that, but I am also slowly getting acquainted with my new Mac and figuring out how to work things in MDS2!  So, for starters, how do you like the project above?  It's the gift box that holds the set of Thank You cards I created using the Oh, Hello Stamp set.  Love love love the tea lace paper doily! Here's a look at the inside of the box:

And, here's a closer look at the Thank You card:

I really love this stamp set.  I love the sentiments and that fun oval background stamp with chevrons in it.  And, how about that flower?  I love the vintage feel of it. So cool, don't you think?  Did you notice the subtle embossed trim on the edge of my card?  That sweet embossing edge is from the Spring Catalog, too!  It's called Needlepoint Border.

Now, what I also wanted to share with you is how I created the box!  I don't know about you, but during the holidays, I had to assemble quite a few gift boxes and I noted that I really liked how the Nordstrom gift box folded.  So, here is my rendition, with the instructions for a 4" x 5 1/2" finished box {with a 1" depth}.  Hope you like it:

Here's the Thank You card recipe for you:

Thanks so Much!
*Stamp Set: Oh, Hello
*Cardstock: Summer Starfruit, Whisper White {3"x 5" notecard and envies}
*Ink pads: Chocolate Chip, Primrose Petal, Summer Starfruit
*Accessories:  Tea Lace Paper Doily, Primrose Petal satin ribbon, Needlepoint Border embossing folder, Big Shot

Thanks so much for coming by today.  Happy MLK day and Inauguration Day {for those of you in the US}!

Below are some of the key supplies for this project, for your reference!



Oh, Hello Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Oh, Hello Clear-Mount Stamp Set130733
Price$18.95
Bold designs. Striking patterns. The wow factor is so easy to achieve with this amazing seven-piece set. Coordinates with our Ovals Collection Framelits Dies.
Set Quantity: 7



Needlepoint Border Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
Needlepoint Border Textured Impressions Embossing Folders129383
Price$7.95
Emboss a hand-stitched look along card edges. 2 folders: ea. 2-1/4" x 6-3/8". Embosses a single sheet of paper using your Big Shot, Multipurpose Platform, and Standard Cutting Pads.




Tea Lace Paper Doilies
Tea Lace Paper Doilies129399
Price$2.95
Delicate and dainty. Stamp ‘em, color ‘em with ink, or use ‘em as accents. 32 doilies: ea. 4" diam. White.


1 comments:

Norma said...

Love the simple and elegant card set with the box! Woo Hoo for being able to post the products you used:) Don't you just love the copy and paste ability???
Hugs
Norma