Thursday, August 23, 2012

Birthday Bazaar!

Hello there blog friends!  How goes your week so far?  Today, I've got a fun birthday card to share for you, using the cool Chevron embossing folder and the Delicate Doilies Sizzlits.  How about my little scallop flower?  I love the smaller sized 1 1/4" scallop punch {from the Holiday Mini Catalog} that nests so perfectly to add an inner layer to my flower!  I created the flower petals by cutting towards the center of the flower at every 2 scallops.  I punched out the leaves using the Blossom Petals Builder punch.  Wanna see the rest of the card?  Here you go:
I used the Apothecary Accents Framelits as the background to my sentiment, from the Happy Hour stamp set.  And lastly, I created the scallop border at the bottom using the Large Scallop Edgelits. I had a lot of fun making this card for my good friend Robin :)  As you guys can probably tell, I'm a big fan of this color combo.  It's a change up from my regular repertoire of colors, but the Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, and Daffodil Delight just pop with that happy freshness, dontcha think?

Hope you like the card!  Here's the quick recipe for you:
{Birthday Bazaar}
  • Stamp Set: Happy Hour
  • Cardstock: Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, International Bazaar, Summer Smooches
  • Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake (to sponge on the edge of the leaves)
  • Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, Large Scallop Edgelit, Blossom Petals Punch Builder, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Apothecary Accents Framelit, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Hemp Twine,
Thanks for the visit.  Have a great one!


2 comments:

kristine l said...

When I saw this card, it made me smile. I love the color combo you've used. I love everything you create. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love my card! It is so beautiful, just like you my beautiful friend!

((hugs))
Robin