Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Punchy Penguin!


Hi all!  Let me introduce you to my cute little friend - Punchy Santa Penguin!  I've been admiring all the cute penguins I've been seeing, and it's been a couple years now since I introduced you to this top note penguin, who ended up being my 2008 Christmas Card!  So I thought it was time for me to come up with a new penguin buddy. Consider my new punchy penguin his cousin - they have the same mouth! Now here's a look at the full card for you:
He's so cute and easy to make!! Let's start with his Santa Hat - I used the 2 1/2" circle punch to shape his hat - I cut a partial circle from the corner of the cardstock, about 1/2" in, then I punched another partial circle roughly about 1 1/2" in from the corner - you can eyeball the shape until it looks like a Santa Hat!  The white trim of the hat is the Word Window punch and the ball at the top is the flower from the Itty Bitty Punches. His body is punched out of the 2 1/2" circle punch, and his arns are the bird wing from the Extra Large 2 step Bird Punch.  For his face - I used the heart punch, then used the 2 medium circles from the Owl Punch.  His beak was punched from the small oval punch {which I then folded in half} and his feet are from the Modern Label Punch.  So easy peasy!  Hope you like him.  Here's the recipe for you:
{Punchy Santa Penguin}
*Stamp Set: Curly Cute
*Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
*Inks: Real Red Classic Ink Pad
*Accessories: Northern Flurry Decorative Strip die, Tinsel Trim, Petals-a-plenty embossing folder, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Itty Bitty Punch, 2 Step Bird Punch, Owl Punch, Modern Label Punch, Full Heart Extra Large Punch, Small Oval Punch
I'd love to hear what you think!  Thanks for coming by to visit. Have a great day!


10 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is soooo cute! Thanks for blessing my day and bringing a huge smile to my face, not to mention inspiring me.
www.southerncaliforniastamper.blogspot.com

Patty Bennett said...

No way!! TOOOO CUTE !!! I HAVE to copy this for my son... we both love penguins :)
Patty

Sam said...

I think he is simply amazing Rose...the whole card is!

He has gone in to my CASE file...thanks for your wonderful inspiration.

:-)
Sam.

~* steph :) *~ said...

oh how super cute, rose!!! love your penguin. hope you're doing well with your Christmas cards and things...i'm still lagging ;p'. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Rose Castillo said...

That is so cute! I think I need to add one of him to a scrapbook page I recently created.

Norma said...

OMG girl, this is to freakin cute!!! How are you coming along with your x-mas cards? Talk to you soon:)

Regina said...

Oh, Rose, your punchy penguin is so cute! You are so creative!

Regina

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

He is absolutely adorable!! Love the snowflakes from the deco strip. Great job.

Helen F. said...

Eeekkk, what a cute little guy he is! Penguins are the most adorable, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Love your penguin!! Sooo cute!